COUNTDOWN

DAY 8 - 59 DAYS TO GO















Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 1 - Here I go again!

For those that followed my blog last year I was on an 8 month weight loss journey to prepare for my beach vacation to Florida.  The blog helped keep me on track and as a result I lost 15 lbs and ran a 5K. After vacation was over my good habits became non-existant and I gained all of the weight I had lost. Over the last few months I have struggled with my diet and exercise regimen.  I actually feel bigger than ever even though I was this weight the year before when I started my last blog.  I feel bloated and very weak.  I do not like the way I feel right now.  I'm finally ready to get back on track and with that I have decided to embark on yet another weight loss journey. This diet I am on is from the 4 Hour Body book. I am trying to lose as much as I can before my vacation to Alaska on May 13th.

For those of you that do not know what the 4 Hour Body Diet is, I will give you a quick run-down.
Basically you eat 4 meals a day and in each meal you must eat: lean protein, vegetables and some sort of bean or legume.  The first meal which is breakfast must be eaten within the hour you wake up.  The meals after that are to be eaten at least 4 hours apart.  So I have breakfast, lunch, 2nd lunch & dinner.  I do not get to eat fruit, any bread products, any sugar products nor any milk products.  I do get my coffee which is wonderful and I must drink plenty of water.

Yes this diet is very strict and you are probably wondering why I would ever subject myselft to such torture!? Well, here is the kicker... one day a week it is a requirement that you eat whatever you want, as much as you want that one day only!  Yes, I get a cheat day.  This is the only reason I think I can do this diet.  So Saturdays will be my cheat day.  The cheat day works with the diet and has to be part of it.  No argument here!  Here is a quick overview of it on ehow.com...
http://www.ehow.com/how_7739337_follow-4-hour-body-diet.html

The book claims you can lose up to 20 lbs in one month.  Now I am very skeptical if that is the case or if I can lose that much in one month but I am willing to give this diet a try and see what I can actually lose in a month and even 2 months while doing this diet.

So I have decided to blog about this for the next 2 months and see how this diet really works. 
So follow along  as I go through the ups & downs of this "crazy" diet and see how far I can actually go.  I hope to make it in the 67 days before my vacation!

Ever so hopeful :-)
Day 1 of 67
Weight: 157

2 comments:

  1. Cutting out sugar alone, will make a HUGE difference in how you feel and what you lose, so it's very possible to lose quite a lot with just that change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Daphne! I know you can loose all you wanna loose and then some. Yay for you to have the guts to try something this hard.

    ReplyDelete